Maud Junction Signal Cabin
This signal cabin (or box) was in use from 21st July 1935 until 5th March 1969.
It was the only LNER style cabin in the North of Scotland.
It had its chimney at the front and levers along the back wall.
It replaced the North and South GNSR style cabins and, unusually,
had five sets of 'tablet instruments' so that trains could run when
Brucklay and Mintlaw cabins were off duty. A 'tablet' was a token
that the train driver carried to give him exclusive access to
a section of single track. Sections extended to the next open
signal cabin: -
Brucklay or Strichen (north),
Mintlaw or Longside (east).