photo Sandy Murdoch GNSRA collection August 1949
The station had a ticket office, waiting room, offices and 'Refreshments' – a licenced cafe with First Class and Second Class sections. It was known as 'The Refresh'. Its beer was stored in the water tower and was the best in Buchan. The building now houses our museum displays in the old ticket office and telegraph office and our video room in the Second Class Refresh. The footbridge shown was a replacement for the original. This one was made from old rails. The original was wooden and was still in use in 1949.