North Signal Cabin
This signal cabin (or box) was in use until 21st July 1935. It controlled movements to and from Brucklay and Mintlaw and, laterly, when these cabins were off duty, Strichen and Longside. The only evidence now is the section of wall in the car park below. From 1935 the new LNER style cabin was used.
Photo Sandy Murdoch, GNSRA Collection
It is almost unbelievable that there are no trees in sight as we look up the line from the Fraserburgh platform.