The busy station employed men as shunters to connect and disconnect both passenger carriages and cattle wagons. They were provided with a bothy with a corrugated iron roof against the wall here. It was convenient for the long sidings where cattle wagons were stored as well as the point where passenger trains were split for Peterhead and Fraserburgh.
photo Sandy Murdoch, GNSRA collection
An ex-LMS tank engine near here in the early 1950's.
Inverurie Loco Works' drawing of the bothy.