Photo GNSRA Collection
South Signal Cabin and sidings
This is the view from the signal cabin (or box) which was in use until 21st July 1935. It was replaced by Maud Junction signal cabin. The sidings could store enough cattle vans to take about 1000 cattle south on mart days. They were on level ground while the main track climbs steadily up towards Nethermuir.
This is the only known photo of the South Signal Cabin. It is a busy day.